A Day in the Zoo Question Answer Class 9 Lesson 4 | Activity Solution

 West Bengal Board A Day in the Zoo Question Answer Class 9 Lesson 4 | Activity Solution


A Day in the Zoo


Comprehension Exercises

 

Exercise 1

 

Tick the correct answer from the given alternative:

 

(1) The average day in a zoo begins just before.

(a) dusk

(b) dawn

(c) afternoon

(d) evening

 

(2) The birds searching the dewy grass on the lawn were

(a) peahens

(b) peacocks

(c) robins

(d) thrushes

 

(3) Stephen with a broom is his hand was guarding over the

(a) bears

(b) gorilla

(c) apes

(d) armadillo

 

(4) The name of the black Celebes ape was

(a) Etam

(b) Jeremy

(c) Mike

(d) Stephen

 

(5) The reptiles dozed in the temperature of

(a) sixty degrees

(b) seventy degrees

(c) eighty degrees

(d) ninety degrees

 

Exercise 2

 

Answer the following questions within fifteen words:

 

(1) How does the sky look as one is awakened by the birdsong?

Answer - The sky looks slightly tinged with yellow.

 

(2) How do the parrots and parakeets salute the people?

Answer - Parakeets and parrots salute people with a cacophony of sounds.

 

(3) What do all the animals do at the start of a new day?

Answer - Animals bustle around and gallop about in their cages.

 

(4) As the light faded, where does the robin fly off to?

Answer - The robin files off to roost in the mimosa three.

 

Exercise 3

 

Answer the following questions within twenty-five words:

 

(1) What work Jeremy and Mike do in the gorillas cages?

Answer - Mike and Jeremy sweep up the mess on the floor and scatter fresh white sawdust.

 

(2) Describe the state of the frog and snakes in the reptile house.

Answer - Frogs and snakes stay relaxed and clam in their house at 60 degrees.

 

(3) What would one see and hear while lying in bed at night?

Answer - One would see the moon separating itself from the shadow of the trees and would hear lions cough.

 A Day in the Zoo Question Answer


Grammar in Use

 

Exercise 4

 

Classify the underlined adverbs according to their functions in the chart given below:

 

(a) I have already done the job.

(b) Bappa can go anywhere for his work.

(c) Puja often comes to my place.

(d) Nargis sings sweetly.

Functions of adverbs

 

Manner -sweetly      

Time -already

Place -anywhere

Frequency -often

                         

Exercise 5

 

Underline the clauses in the following sentences and state what kind of clauses they are:

 

(a) As he was not there, I spoke to his brother.

Answer - As he was not there – Adverb clause of reason

I spoke to his brother – Principle Clause

 

(b) The house where Nazrul was born is in Churulia.

Answer - where Nazrul was born – Adverb Clause of Place

The house is in Churulia - Principle Clause

 

(c) She said that she would return soon.

Answer - that she would return soon – Noun Clause as an object to the verb ‘said’

She said - Principle Clause

 

(d) Have you read the book which you borrowed from me?

Answer - Have you read the book - Principle Clause

Which you borrowed from me –Relative Clause describing the antecedent

 

Exercise 6

 

Identify the following sentences as simple, complex or compound sentence:

 

(i) He is too tired to walk alone.

Answer - Simple sentence

 

(ii) I have a friend who lives in Mumbai.

Answer - Complex sentence

 

(iii) Priyam wrote a letter but he got no reply.

Answer - Compound sentence

 

(iv) Being ill, I could not attend school.

Answer - Simple sentence

 

(v) She told me that she would enter a house which is believed to be haunted.

Answer - Complex sentence

 

(vi) The sun shines brightly and the flowers bloom.

Answer - Compound sentence

 A Day in the Zoo Question Answer


Composition / Writing

 

Exercise 7

 

Write a letter to the Headmaster/Headmistress of your school within 100 words seeking leave for three days to visit your ailing grandmother.

 

To,

The Headmaster/Headmistress,

XYZ High School,

Bali, West Bengal

Howrah 700125

Sub: Leave of absence

 

Sir/Madam,

 

This is to inform you that I, Raja Roy, am an obedient student of your school. I read in class-IX, section A and my roll number is 05.

 

With due respect I inform you that I will not be able to attend my class from 15.07.2022 to 18.07.2022. I wish to go home to see my grandmother for her savior illness. She has been suffering from cerebral attack for last two days and my family wants my help.

So, therefore, I request you to grant my leave of absence for those days only so that I can visit my ailing grandmother.

I shall be obliged if you kindly grant me permission.

 

Thanking You.

Yours sincerely,

Raja Roy

 

Address:

XYZ High School,

Bali, West Bengal

Howrah 700125

Date : 12.07.2022

 

Exercise 8

 

Write a letter to your friend within 100 words narrating your experience of visiting a Wild Life sanctuary.

 

6 teliputur

Kolkata 700002

15.07.2022

Dear Joy,

 

I received your letter yesterday. I wish you are well. Today I shall write to you about my experience of visiting Raiganj Wildlife Sanctuary. This famous sanctuary is situated near Raiganj town in the Uttar Dinajpur District in the state of West Bengal. It is also popularly known as Kulik Bird Sanctuary because the river of the same name (Kulik) flows around the sanctuary. You’ll be pleased to see species like kadam, jarul, shisoo and eucalyptus. You’ll find kites, flycatchers, owls, kingfishers, woodpeckers, drongoes and other resident birds at the sanctuary.

 

Therefore, I would like to suggest you to visit Raiganj Wildlife Sanctuary. I had a very good experience to go there.

 

With regards to your father and mother.

 

Yours ever,

Rahul Saha

A Day in the Zoo Question Answer


<< Read More >>

 

Class 9 All Subject Solution >>

Click Here

 

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post